- Negotiates and explains application of more complex underwriting concepts, rate/fee development and policies. - Produces accurate and timely deliverables while providing superior customer service in support of stated mission and key performance metrics.
- Handles complex cases/markets/issues using strong knowledge of company services, product standards, underwriting policies and alternate funding
- Grants underwriting exceptions and financial variances within prescribed limit
- May interact/meet with customers, brokers and consultants
- Works across Aetna's segments/markets to achieve goals
- Negotiates and fully explains rate development, pricing components and application of underwriting policies while remaining conscious of financial objectives
- Provides timely and accurate deliverables for new and/or renewal business, e.g., accountings, funding evaluations, benefit quotations
- Monitors financial condition of assigned accounts, e.g., case migration, renewal pricing, premium defaults, and deficit reductions
- Utilizes advanced functionality of rating/ financial tools, reference materials, and source systems for premium, membership and claim information
- Analyzes competitive position on a case specific basis and develops financial comparisons
- Recognizes opportunities for process improvements and recommends changes
- Assesses customer needs and expectations versus company capabilities/ strategies
- Mentors less experienced underwriters in development of technical skills
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships with sales force and other internal constituents
- Fosters open lines of communication on team and uses effective oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of pricing experience via all types of pricing methodologies (manual, experience, blended, alternate, etc.) and funding arrangements.
- Proven ability to anticipate customer needs.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Proven ability to facilitate and negotiate using tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with sales force and other internal organizations.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience required. Degree in Mathematics, Finance or Quantitative field preferred.
- HIAA, CEBS or LOMA designation preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.