This is an Aetna International position.
- Underwriting support primarily includes identifying, evaluating, and managing risk to maximize revenue, membership and earnings.
- Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for large group contracts of varying funding and rating types.
- Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for new and/or renewal of large group contracts.
- Assigned RFPs/book of business with increasing levels of complexity and will include multiple product types, funding arrangements and/or rating methodologies.
- Independently reviews work for accuracy, evaluates risks and makes recommendations to manage risk while growing or retaining membership.
- Negotiates and explains application of more complex underwriting concepts, rate/fee development and policies.
- Produces accurate and timely deliverables while providing superior customer service in support of stated mission and key performance metrics.
- Participates in projects, workgroups and identifies/supports process improvement.
- Mentors other underwriters in development of technical skills or specific subject matter.
- May be asked to develop or deliver training
- 3-5 years underwriting experience with multiple pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
- Demonstrated success prioritizing work and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate using tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with others to meet/exceed expectations.
- Experience providing clear and concise written and verbal communications
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Knowledge of Aetna systems supporting products and rating methodologies preferred.
BS/BA or equivalent work experience required
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.