Medicare Business Intelligence COE is an integral part of the Medicare organization responsible for providing Business Intelligence and analytical insights into key decision processes and focusing on complex initiatives with measurable impact on performance. We use advanced analytical tools, modeling and machine learning to generate actionable insights by leveraging big data within a cutting-edge environment. We are focused on creating new opportunities that drive change in areas such as Medicare Stars, service operations, Patient Safety, population health management and member experience. This position will report to Director of Medicare Business Intelligence and play a critical role in shaping and developing analytical capabilities to improve health of our members and optimize member experience.
The individual will:
- Apply experience from Strategy Consulting, Analytics, and Data Science to successfully lead multiple complex initiatives and deliver innovative solutions that help drive business performance and growth.
- Develop and/or use algorithms and statistical predictive models and determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Develop and participate in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions.
- Interact with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Experience with the following programming languages: SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Experience working with Healthcare data or in Healthcare industry
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.