Do you want to make a large impact in your next role? Join CVS Health, a Fortune 4 company, as a Manager in the Trade Strategy and Operations organization! The Manager of Rebate P&L Client Analytics role is a highly visible opportunity in our Rebate P&L Strategy team, responsible for driving strategies to advance rebate performance and profitability for both clients and the PBM organization.
As the prescription drug landscape changes with new high-cost therapies, increasing pressure to reduce pharmaceutical costs and the evolving policy landscape, the right person for this role is a highly motivated, forward-thinker who can identify opportunities and leverage matrix partners to develop innovative strategies effectively and efficiently. You will use your abilities to deliver actionable insights to Rebate P&L Strategy Leadership and the broader Trade organization.
Your responsibilities will include management of client rebate performance and identification of rebate guarantee mitigation strategies for assigned clients. You will collaborate with other PBM functional areas to assess various client strategy initiatives, with the goal of improving client level rebate management.
Additional responsibilities will be to:
- Understand and manage client rebate impacts of formulary strategies, pharma contract changes, and market events
- Investigate opportunities to optimize rebate value for assigned clients
- Engage with Underwriting and Custom Formulary Consultant teams to assess and enhance rebate value for onboarding clients
- Design, develop, and deliver analytic solutions to inform client rebate strategies and uncover opportunities that will improve rebate performance
To be successful, you should possess:
- Expertise in querying, manipulating, and analyzing large datasets using SAS, SQL, Excel, and similar tools
- Experience developing analyses and presentations to explain business issues and/or recommend strategies
- Strong problem solving, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively engage with internal teams of varying backgrounds, demonstrating deep analytical understanding in a consumable way
**Will consider 100% remote from anywhere in the US. Residence within a commutable distance to one of the following offices is preferred:
RI - Woonsocket
IL - Chicago
MN - Bloomington
Join the company helping people on their path to better health! Our organization offers a competitive benefit package including vacation and holiday paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, work/life balance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at all CVS stores.
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare or analytics
- Graduate level education may substitute for experience
- Advanced capabilities using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in SAS or other database software
- Experience in Microsoft Excel-based modeling
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Experience in managed care which may include PBM, health plans, pharmaceutical market access, or with a focus on financial strategy
- 5+ years experience with pharmacy benefit management, employer or health plan contracts, prescription drug rebates, prescription drug spend, and/or formulary strategies
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data from large databases using SAS, SQL or other appropriate software
- Experience writing macros within VBA
- Exposure and/or knowledge of the evolving pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, pharmacy, healthcare, business, or related field required; or equivalent experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.