CVS Health is embarking on a bold digital agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated and more reliable for more people, online and in our stores. In this role you’ll be responsible for crafting strategies and content to help consumers manage their health, from finding the right care to understanding their own complex health conditions. To be successful, you’ll need to ask questions, feel empathy for people in difficult situations, think through customer journeys, wrangle with the limitations of systems, and produce concise copy and content strategies that respect users and their intentions while meeting complex business and clinical challenges.
You should be a well-rounded writer and content strategist who can solve complex business challenges with occasional direct support from their manager. You will be expected to own your feature work and develop subject matter expertise.
You will draw on UX best practices, brand guidelines, accessibility standards and user feedback and research to develop smart, dynamic messaging and content structures. You have experience writing for multiple channels and devices, and good ideas on how best to serve these different contexts. You know how to collaborate with designers, product managers, and diverse business stakeholders to optimize content and think beyond the current moment in the product life cycle. Finally, you exhibit impeccable communication skills that ensure efficient collaboration with your team and stakeholders.
We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to communicate with our patients.
• Execute on content strategy in support of larger organizational goals and objectives
• Oversee the proper usage of voice and tone for all digital assets
• Work with the product, design and research teams to source or create the right content to educate, motivate and empower users
• Collaborate with our UX researchers and data scientists to understand user behaviors and uncover new opportunities for engagement
• Collaborate with our accessibility team to design a content experience that meets WCAG guidelines
• Provide content of varying fidelity to our product designers to facilitate iterative design
• Produce documentation that facilitates publishing or content implementation, such as copy decks, messaging frameworks or content models
• Author content in our publishing tools
• Collaborate with your colleagues on the content strategy team to maintain our digital product content style guide
• Support our design system team by providing content guidelines for components, patterns and elements
• 3+ years experience in UX writing and content strategy
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Portfolio should include work on digital products and/or services, and highlight collaboration with design team
• Experience with Agile and lean UX/software development practices
• Experience with analyzing usability testing, A/B testing, analytics and other key performance metrics
• Mobile web and app experience
• Experience in shaping content by working with cross-functional stakeholders
• Experience working in a large organization or at an enterprise level
• Experience with design software (Sketch, Figma), InVision, Airtable, Sketch, InVision, Miro and product management software (Rally, Jira)
• Experience or exposure to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and writing for grade level and other regulatory constraints
• Knowledge of enterprise content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Contentful, ATG, Nuxeo or Oracle
• Experience working with usability testing, taxonomy, design systems, content management systems, information architects and accessibility SMEs
• Experience writing for health care, pharmacy or other regulated fields (insurance, finance, etc.)
• Experience working on onboarding content, such as setting up a product, scheduling an appointment or creating an account
• Experience creating a content strategy for notifications, such as in-app push messages, text messages or emails
• Experience working on a team of writers or content strategists
• Experience writing or speaking a second language (Spanish, French, Creole, Portuguese, Urdu)
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.