Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (DSNP) members, who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members’ health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand DSNP to change lives in new markets across the country.
Position Summary/Mission: The Case Management Coordinator utilizes critical thinking and judgment to collaborate and inform the case management process, The Case Management Coordinator facilitates appropriate healthcare outcomes for members by providing assistance with appointment scheduling, identifying and assisting with accessing benefits and
education for members through the use of care management tools and resources.
• Evaluation of Members: -Through the use of care management tools and information/data review, conducts comprehensive evaluation of referred member’s needs/eligibility and recommends an approach to case resolution and/or meeting needs by evaluating member’s benefit plan and available
internal and external programs/services.
• Identifies high risk factors and service needs that may impact member outcomes and care planning components with appropriate referral to clinical case management or crisis intervention as appropriate.
• Coordinates and implements assigned care plan activities and monitors care plan progress.
• Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care: - Using holistic approach consults with case managers, supervisors, Medical Directors and/or other health programs to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives; presents cases at case conferences to obtain multidisciplinary review in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
• Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels.
• Utilizes negotiation skills to secure appropriate options and services necessary to meet the member’s benefits and/or healthcare needs.
• Utilizes influencing/ motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health.
• Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
• Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making.
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care: - Utilizes case management and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and company policies and procedures.
• Case management and discharge planning experience preferred
• 2 years experience in behavioral health, social services or appropriate related field equivalent to program focus
• Managed Care experience preferred
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Please see requirements above
• Bachelor's degree or non-licensed master level clinician with either degree being in behavioral health or human services preferred (psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling) or equivalent experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.