Store Manager-07 (2101291BR)
- Management/ Customer Service: lead others and work effectively with store crews; supervise, assign and direct activities of the store’s crew; effectively communicate information to store crew and supervisors in an open and timely manner. Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints; handle all customer relations issues in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all customers.
- Merchandising/Presentation: price merchandise; stock shelves; reset departments following POGs adapting them to a particular store; organize and execute the display and signing of weekly, major promotional and seasonal merchandise; organize and execute the display and maintenance of off-shelf merchandise.
- Shrinkage: control use of register keys, securing door keys, alarm codes, and safe combinations. Execute locking of safe and security doors and setting of alarms when closing the store. Complete random cash verifications, journal tape checks, analyze Cashier Analysis Report. Identify and react to shoplifters and apprehend to secure company assets and process shoplifters accordingly. Protect store assets. Administer, monitor, and react to Internal Loss Prevention programs and systems: employee bag checks; lockers secured; receipts for purchases; maintain and react to Electronic Article Surveillance system; ensure price accuracy, using POS Price Accuracy Report and in-store price audits.
- Operations: respond to MIS; review electronic journal; access, input, retrieve and analyze information form the computer; order regular and promotional merchandise, maintaining appropriate inventory levels using the Telxon machine; work reserve stock; oversee and execute the preparation of the daily cash report and weekly summary; develop sales/hours forecasts; load and unload deliveries; verify and document billing of merchandise (check-in merchandise); execute and document merchandise returns and inter-store transfers; operate cash register; execute and document: cash/check pulls, deposits; returned check payments etc.; deliver deposits and secure change from the bank maintain a balanced imprest fund; schedule daily, weekly activities; prepare weekly work schedules based on store’s budgeted hours; execute weekly payroll; ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and federal and state laws; prepare, complete and distribute reports and records: paid out summary; key rec’s (accounts payable); MU/MD; customer cash discrepancy; returnable merchandise; accident reports etc.; open/close store; conduct a walk through of the store and establish a prioritized list of tasks; attend district and/or regional meetings; execute payment of outside vendors as appropriate; supervise and/or execute rubbish removal.
- Human Resources: train, develop and evaluate crew members, supervisors, Assistant Managers. Execute all necessary documentation for HRIS administration: hiring kits, staff enrollment forms, changes of status forms. Recruit, select, hire, train, develop, evaluate and terminate hourly non-exempt employees. Supervise Assistant Manager development as a Store Manager. Conduct performance appraisals for all directly assigned personnel. Recommend wage rate and promotion of hourly non-exempt employees. Ensure on-the-job safety of all employees and treatment for employee injuries sustained on the job. Coach and execute counseling discussions with store employees. Develop short and long term staffing strategies. Maintain a work place free from discrimination and harassment. Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel records at store level. Financial Reporting/Administration: analyze operating reports/documents and make recommendations on how to improve store performance and implement plans; prepare the store for a physical inventory; complete and analyze Business Reviews and develop and execute plans to correct areas needing improvement.
- Deductive reasoning ability, advanced analytical skills and computer skills.
- Advanced communication skills, leadership and supervision skills
- Capable of performing scheduling, control and planning and influencing skills.
- Requires an ability to deal with people, work precisely and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including 1st and 2nd shifts, and early morning and/or overnight shifts at some locations for merchandise deliveries. Schedule adjustments are made according to store needs and operating hours.
- At least one year of supervisory experience in retail, food service, restaurant, or customer service or at least one year of work experience in these types of businesses, preferably at a supervisor level
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.