Senior Manager - WW HCP Meetings Technology Veeva Business Capability Lead (R1558011-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Pharmaceutical meetings management, including congress and promotional events, is a fast-growing area with complex industry code, regulatory and statutory requirements at local, country and regional levels. The Worldwide Events and Meeting Capabilities team sits at the center of this dynamic environment and is focused on developing, scaling and harmonizing key capabilities across Congress and Events Management teams.
This role will provide direct leadership of key projects while delivering support for the strategic and functional leadership around the Veeva Events Management enterprise system with attention to delivering a simplified user experience internally while designing the prioritized roadmap of the future.
Organization: OCC – Worldwide Events and Meeting Capabilities
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the evolution of Veeva Events Management Capabilities globally by:
- Collecting requests on global enhancement, monitoring progress of updates, and managing feedback on new functionalities
- Develop, Lead and maintain change management plans and resources
- Strong collaboration with key stakeholders, communicating progress through defined channels
- Champion training development and ensure training documentation remains up to date
- Lead continued evaluation of business requirements document and partner with IT to build a roadmap for the organization
- Project managing local/regional enhancement rollouts
- Manage sub-capabilities of the Veeva Events management, such as event emails and communications
- Build a network, working directly with local and regional contacts to define the events management Roadmap and capabilities required to meet the demand and foster forward-looking innovation. Sharing insights with related forums & groups, establishing a common understanding and purpose.
- Partner with IT to deliver on operational needs as well as projects to enhance or deliver new capabilities to support the evolving events landscape
- Partner with matrix stakeholders across the events landscape to enhance the all-encompassing event experience through integrating related systems and/or aligning complimentary capabilities as part of the overarching events eco-system for both internal (meeting organizers) and external (attendees, speakers, etc.) stakeholders
- Lead the development of best practice and knowledge sharing initiatives across the Congress and Events environment, steering towards greater efficiency, one common process and increased flexibility
- Identify & document capability gaps in the HCP Event Management processes, working with Omni-Channel partners and associated organizations including events and meeting managers (EMCoE), Legal, Compliance, Business, Medical, etc. to clearly define the need
- Manage & prepare a regular business review. This will include leadership in initiatives such as:
- Communicate the status of EM Capability initiatives, POC/Pilot projects etc.
- Foster adoption
- Further development and implementation of new KPIs and value ROI
- Support the development of a best practices by continuously enhancing the end-to-end HCP experience in their journey through BMS meetings
- Drive innovation and deliver continuous improvement in meeting processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and COMPETENCIES:
- Business or engineering undergraduate degree, master’s degree desirable
- 3+ years professional experience in the Pharmaceutical, IT or Consulting practices
- Experience with Veeva Events Management and CRM is required
- Experience partnering with remote teams
- Experience of supporting enterprise system and large-scale process change initiatives
- Experience analyzing business processes/issues and training others a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Expertise in SAP functional areas utilized by BMS a plus
- Expertise of Global HCP processes also a plus, including knowledge of: Contract Management; Payment Management; Meeting Management; Reporting / Data Analytics; Legal / Regulatory / Compliance Needs
- Demonstrates ability to deal with unstructured, relatively difficult assignments that will require effective communication and organization skills
- Establishes strong working relationships with Leadership and matrix teams with a focus on Change Agility, Enterprise, and Growth Mindsets
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills are necessary
- Ability to assess and promptly resolve problems
- Must demonstrate a curiosity mindset and the ability to understand nuances in local vs global needs/processes and requirements
Develop Continuous Improvement skills and experiences:
- Serve as a lead or team representative on process transformation and implementation teams
- Develop the ability to understand and assimilate a broader range of information solutions that can enable business needs
- Experience working on global enterprise system implementations
- Transform a key area related to BMS’ Commercial and Medical educational and promotional activities
Develop Professional Relationship Management skills and experiences:
- Viewed as a trusted advisor and develops diverse business relationships and teams
- Learn and develop the knowledge of Pharmaceutical Meetings Management, Omni-Channel and Digital Capabilities
- Advocate and develop business process improvements and enhancements
- Develop strong negotiation and influencing skills taking in a variety of viewpoints to create positive outcomes for all parties
- Gain exposure to senior management with a heightened awareness of the importance of cross-functional networks to achieve business results
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognises the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. If you require reasonable adjustments in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your enquiries to [Register to View] Applicants can request an approval of an adjustment prior to accepting a job offer.