Assembler I (32004303)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Operator I (Medical Assembly-Production)-1st Shift-$1,500 Signing Bonus
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Electrophysiology division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology (EP), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Our location in Plymouth, MN is hiring immediately for a 1st shift Operator I (medical assembly.) Training will be provided. This position is responsible for the production of high quality medical devices within a manufacturing cell. This position includes detailed assembly and operation of various equipment and machinery.
Hours: 5am to 3:30pm Monday through Thursday
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
- Positively represent the company during tours by demonstrating techniques and sharing appropriate information
- Positively represents and supports the company’s policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with internal customers and external customers such as tours
- Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize efficiency, minimize accidents to enhance longer life of equipment and tools
- Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products
- Demonstrates a basis understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of continuous improvement
- Participate with the Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager in setting and monitoring individual goals and cell performance metrics that continuously seek to improve the quality of operations
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions - Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
- Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Prefer 6 months experience working in a medical or other regulated production company
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.