Lab Manager II (2226181)
LabCorp is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Lab Manager II to join our team in Seattle, WA. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
This position will focus primarily on Oversight of the Swedish First Hill Hospital Operations.
- Oversee the daily operational activities of the First Hill hospital lab while implementing operational improvements to increase client satisfaction, quality performance, and operation efficiency.
- Provide leadership to all department team members and promote a positive environment.
- Mentors and provides necessary tools for team success.
- Effectively manage change, facilitate innovation and foster teambuilding to provide the highest quality and most cost effective laboratory product possible.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are meeting the needs of our clients, corporate service metrics, quality standards, and expectations.
- Resolves client inquiries and operational issues in a timely manner by consulting with the Medical Director, Technical Director, QA, other laboratory managers, discipline directors, laboratory directors or corporate operations.
- Ensures effective communication with Leadership, Clients, Sales, Corporate Operations, as well as direct reports and all departmental staff
- Conduct departmental meetings and ensures appropriate departmental communication
- Investigate deviations from established procedures to ensure effective corrective action
- Ensure personnel competency and address performance related issues as necessary
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree and certification as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Lab Scientist
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Prior supervisor experience managing several direct reports preferred
- Experience in a high volume working environment
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices and procedures
- Understanding of operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proven ability to problem solve/troubleshoot and provide solutions under minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
- Must have experience with lab management
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.