Operator I (31027065)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
We are seeking an Operator I (Medical Assembler) for our Plymouth, MN location. This is an entry-level position that is responsible for the production of high-quality medical devices within a manufacturing cell. This position includes detailed assembly and operation of various equipment and machinery.
2nd Shift: 4:05 PM – 2:35 AM Mon.-Thurs., plus overtime.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Ensure that relevant job documentation for cell operations and functions is accurate and up to date
· Interpersonal skills such as conflict resolution, active participation, active listening, interpreting, cooperation and flexibility to allow for a successful self-managed team
· Be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
· Positively represent the company during tours by demonstrating techniques and sharing appropriate information
· Positively represents and supports the company’s policies and procedures
· Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with internal customers and external customers
· Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations
· Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
· Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products
· Demonstrates a basis understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
· Demonstrates a basic understanding of continuous improvement
· Participate with the Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager in setting and monitoring individual goals and cell performance metrics that continuously seek to improve the quality of operations
· Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions - Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages
· Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
· Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts
· Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
· High school degree or equivalent preferred
· Prefer 6 months experience working in a medical or other regulated production company, but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.