Manufacturing Engineer (31027213)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.Job Description
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
How? Become a Manufacturing Engineer at our Abbott Medical Devices division, working with guide wires portfolio in our Vascular site located in Barceloneta, Puerto Rico. This position is in a second shift.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will work closely with manufacturing and quality departments and have responsibility for life saving products from initial concept progressing through design and development and continuing throughout production.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- You will support the manufacturing activities to meet established goals.
- Accountable for the equipment maintenance, setups & troubleshoot.
- Accountable to update and maintain manufacturing process to current practices and accountable for continuous improvement projects and financial analysis.
- Responsible of equipment and process qualifications and approval. Support or lead product introduction activities from planning to implementation phase.
- Responsible to provide necessary information to maintain appropriate spare parts inventory.
- Reviews and monitors results of non-conforming product to identify causes, implements controls to eliminate causes, and assesses the success of the controls.
- You will ensure compliance with Abbott policies and procedures regarding the Environment, Health and Safety.
- You will contribute with your expertise to develop and support process control systems to enable continual drive for process and product quality improvements in Manufacturing.
- You will grow your knowledge of new developments in manufacturing and design technologies
- Build positive and coordinated communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, contractors, and vendors.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
- Bachelor in Engineering - Mechanical and Chemical disciplines are preferred. Master degree in Engineering is preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Manufacturing Engineer and / or Quality preferably in medical device industry.
- Leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, and ISO guidelines is preferred.
- Experience with statistical techniques (DOE, SPC) is preferred.
- Proficient in computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish). Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.