Sales & Category Analyst - Regional Food - Minneapolis, Columbus, Cincinnati (31027598)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our locations in Columbus, Cincinnati, or Minneapolis, currently has an opportunity for a Sales & Category Analyst.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Position is responsible for providing sales and category management support for the Abbott Regional Food Team. Responsibilities include comprehensive category and account analysis, reporting, data supported insights and recommendations to internal and external customers.
Candidates should have the ability to identify and report findings, opportunities, and make recommendations through mediums such as Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint; develop effective and accurate reporting tools. Position will have interaction with customer and have high visibility with direct manager and director.
Heightened focus on analytics to include forecasting and shipment activity, profitability measures and consumption activity. Manage customer relationships as needed. Update reports to track team progress to goals and create/build new reports as needed to keep up with the evolving needs of the business. Complete ad hoc requests as needed by internal and external Sales Teams.
Provide internal and external sales management with the tools, real-time analytical capabilities and recommendations to support sales and category strategies, execution and measurements. Capitalize on process synergies and automation by partnering with internal departments and developing standardized, efficient and repeatable processes.
- Develop and communicate sales analysis, actionable data insights and strategy.
- Provide consumption-based insights used in the management of product sales (e.g. assortment, shelving, pricing, promotion and profit).
- Manage, track, and project shipments and consumption of Abbott products to support and aid in monthly forecast process.
- Manage, track and report promotional performance and ROI. Recommend positive, future promotional strategy edits.
- Employs an understanding of concepts such as shopper insights, retail shelving, schematic planning, and pricing; technical knowledge of various computer systems and software; customer processes, systems and priorities; and the relationship of these functions
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness and quality of available data and analysis.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to automate processes and streamline efficiencies.
- Understand the goals and objectives of the Division and Sales Force.
- Penetrate retailer and participate in customer appointments and presentations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Strong analytical ability and interest.
Experience and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products & applications including POG Software and Power BI.
Familiar with 3rd party reporting tools and data integration - Nielsen, IRI, RSi/SOLYS & retailer POS and loyalty card.
Interest to advance into sales, marketing and/or category management roles.
1-2 years’ experience in Sales, Finance or Marketing. Previous experience in Consumer Packaged Goods industry working with national retailers. Bachelor’s degree.
Communication (oral, written and presentation) - Giving or receiving information effectively; expressing and/or presenting ideas in individual and group situations (including written and nonverbal communication, and use of visual aids); adjusting language or terminology to the needs of the audience.
Planning & Organization/Work Management - Establishing a course of action for self to accomplish a specific project or goal; allocating appropriate resources; establishing procedures to monitor the results of assignments or projects. Alignment of resources needed for recommendations.
Decision Making (includes both Analysis/Problem Assessment and Judgment/Problem Solving): Securing relevant information and identifying key issues; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships; considering resources, constraints, and values and their impact on the decision; committing to a course of action based on logical assumptions and factual information. Pursuit of logical recommendations.
Practical Learning of Technical and Professional Knowledge - Assimilating and applying in a timely manner new job-related information that may vary in complexity; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise; using technology effectively as a business tool.
Customer Focus - Proactively developing customer relationships by listening to and understanding the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing appropriate solutions tailored to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.