Medical Science Liaison, Myeloid (NE,KS,MO,AR)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Medical Science Liaison will provide support to the following territories (NE,KS,MO,AR)
The MSL role embodies our medical mission to be recognized as the trusted partner for internal stakeholders and the healthcare community, driving scientific exchange to enhance medical education, data generation, insight generation and patients’ access to medicine.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for identifying disease and product related medical needs in a defined geography. The primary role of the MSL is to develop and maintain relationships with Thought Leaders (TL) and Healthcare Providers (HCP) within their healthcare system. The purpose of their interactions is to engage in meaningful scientific exchange that will ensure patients have access to BMS medicines, to ensure their safe and appropriate use through peer-to-peer discussions aligned with medical strategies and needs expressed by external stakeholders, and to facilitate research. The MSL also serves as the medical resource for external stakeholders in the community.
Healthcare Provider and Medical Landscape Focus
- Identify, develop, and enhance relationships with academic and community research thought leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific and product related questions. The MSL will use various channels for interactions (1:1, group presentations, remote, etc.)
- Actively assess the medical landscape by meeting with TL/HCPs to understand their needs and expertise. Continuously update own knowledge in treatment strategies, products, unmet medical needs, clinical trials, and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers
- Identify opportunities to partner with HCPs on disease state initiatives, collaborative research projects, company sponsored trials and investigator sponsored research (ISR) of interest and in alignment with BMS strategic objectives
- Attend and provide scientific support at medical congresses and local/regional meetings.
- Collect and provide meaningful medical insights and/or impact by communicating these back to the medical organizations to support strategy development.
Support Clinical Trial Activities
- Support clinical trials to enhance patient recruitment, enrollment and/or discussions around the safe and effective use of BMS investigational products
- Provide recommendations and insights to clinical development team on study and site feasibilities within the therapeutic area based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with potential investigators
- Act as the primary liaison to investigators interested in developing, submitting, and performing investigator sponsored research.
- PharmD, PhD, APP, PA, NP or MD with experience in Hematology / Oncology and relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Knowledge of a scientific or clinical area
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
- Disease area knowledge and an understanding of scientific publications
- Knowledge of the national healthcare and access environment
- Excellent English language skills, spoken and written
- Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations and arrive ready and able to enthusiastically demonstrate proficiency. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity, and a responsible and safe driving history.
- Travel required. Position is field based, MSL will be required to live in the territory which they manage or within 50 miles of the territory borders
- The MSL will spend the majority of their time in the field with their team and external customers. Further requirements based on region assignment and team needs.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a clinical and/or pharmaceutical environment
- Prior MSL experience
- Ability to work independently and act as a team player
- Translating scientific or clinical data into an understandable and valuable form to help HCPs best serve their patients
- Good communication and presentation skills to present scientific and/or clinical data to research or healthcare professionals
- Developing peer-to-peer relationships with TLs, scientists, and other healthcare professionals
- Ability to learn about new subject areas and environments quickly and comprehensively
- Demonstration of the BMS Values:
- INTEGRITY: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues
- URGENCY: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We all own Bristol Myers Squibb’s success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments
- INNOVATION: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients
- PASSION: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results
- INCLUSION: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.