Manufacturing Engineer II (31027712)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Electrophysiology division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Our location in Plymouth, MN, currently has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer II. This position will support and improve existing manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support and continuously improve manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
- Production support and process validation.
- Support Supply Chain Resilience efforts to implement supply chains as necessary
- Troubleshoot manufacturing process and equipment.
- Utilize tools like DMAIC, Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, and SPC to improve processes.
- Understand manufacturing concepts like Value Stream mapping, 5S and Visual Workplace to improve quality, labor efficiency, and throughput.
- Lead project efforts within Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost priorities (example: CAPA ownership)
- Generate and modify manufacturing process documentation.
- Work with cross functional and dual site manufacturing teams
- Develop and implement process improvements.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Biomedical or related Engineering area
- Minimum 3 years Manufacturing engineering experience required. Previous regulated manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Prioritizes, executes, and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.