Sr. Operator (32004310)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Sr. Operator-1st Shift-$1,500 Signing Bonus
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Electrophysiology division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber 1st Shift Sr Operator to work under general supervision in accordance with specific procedures and practices, may perform a combination of assembly, weld, repair, and test operations on medical device assemblies. This position performs routine assignments with detailed instructions. Follows general instructions for routine work and more detailed instructions for new or special activities. Performs assignments of moderate complexity; usually refers more complex problems to immediate supervisor, lead or more senior level personnel from within the assigned department.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for coordinating production activity in assigned work areas, ensuring that product is continuously processed in accordance with build schedules.
- Coordinates communication of work instructions to personnel in designated areas in accordance with supervisory objectives.
- May perform direct manufacturing operations in support of build schedules, as directed or as necessary.
- Performs regular process and quality performance audits of personnel, tooling and equipment in assigned areas.
- Advises supervisor or other appropriate contact in the event of issues affecting the productivity of the cell.
- Accumulates information for assigned areas regarding work in process inventory status and daily output quantities.
- Assists in providing direct training to area operators as required. Provides feedback on defects encountered, and provides re-training support as necessary.
- Accumulates and organizes data to support area continuous improvement plans, as directed.
- Provides assistance in expediting priority product and tasks in assigned areas.
- Performs inspection and determines disposition of rejects per required documentation, as directed.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of four plus years related experience in the assembly of digital and analog circuitry/devices, including the demonstrated ability to provide work/lead direction to a team.
- Must be able to demonstrate comprehensive product assembly techniques, related process knowledge, plus a mastery of appropriate skill sets as confirmed by cognizant Engineering and/or Production/Quality Assurance supervisory personnel.
- Prior experience working in an air-conditioned clean-room manufacturing environment is required. Demonstrated ability to read and understand engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams, notes, and layouts.
- Demonstrated ability to use frequently used hand tools; demonstrated eye-hand coordination and capable of working with small precision devices.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and basic math skills. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Occasional scheduled overtime is a requirement of this position.
- AA degree in Electrical/Mechanical Technology, or comparable specialized training in and working knowledge of the manufacture of implantable medical devices or equivalent is desired.
- Five years or more of medical device or related assembly experience is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.