Clinical Lab Technician/Medical Technologist (2224901)
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technician/Technologist in Dublin, OH. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
This position will perform testing in the Urinalysis and Chemistry departments.
The work schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, 11:00pm to 7:30am.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Associate Degree in Clinical Lab Science/Medical Lab Technology; OR Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
- 1 year of clinical lab experience required (or preferred at Tech Trainee level)
- ASCP or AMT certification preferred
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Ability to work overtime as business needs
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.