Senior Automation Engineer (Inspection & Packaging) (R-145034)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Automation Engineer - Inspection & Packaging
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world! In this vital role you will be responsible in the development, modification and operational support of complex automated equipment in a compliance regulated industry, required to meet Company production schedule goals and new product introductions. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop process control applications using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA).
- Provide automation solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to advanced scope and complexity.
- Work with Research, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Process Development, System Owners, Utilities, Facilities, Quality Assurance and/or Validation departments in developing requirements and recommendations for system modifications and new equipment, selecting and applying automation engineering standards and procedures.
- Function as a technical expert of equipment for troubleshooting operations. Frequently becoming actively involved in daily operations to comply operational goals or to resolve complex problems.
- Support compliance deviations root cause evaluation related to automated systems.
- Implements preventive and corrective actions necessary to avoid reoccurrence of observed automation and process deviations.
- Support qualification life cycle of new automated equipment and/or existing equipment modifications, ensuring the established machine requirements are met.
- Provides direct support of the technical skill development of Maintenance Automation personnel and facilitate the introduction of new technology.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The Senior Automation Engineer professional we seek is an Individual Contributor Leader with these qualifications.
Master’s degree in Engineering and 3 years of Automation, Engineering and/or manufacturing experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 5 years of Automation, Engineering and/or manufacturing experience
- Background in programming, design, installation and life cycle management of manufacturing process controls, automation and Packaging Vision System technologies.
- Automation experience in a GMP environment
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech packaging processes and equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of validation processes
- Experience in Packaging Vision System & serialization platforms (Systech, Cognex, etc)
- Broad hands on experience in Rockwell Automation Platform and Allen-Bradley PLCs, Rockwell Automation Factory Talk & ControlLogix PLC Platform.
- Rockwell Automation FTView SE and FTBatch systems.
- Experience in Siemens control systems.
- Knowledge in DeviceNet technologies and programming language structure (e.g. VBA) and/or AI.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.