Senior Associate - Protein Chemistry (R-145079)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Associate - Protein ChemistryLive
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. We are seeking a skilled biochemist to join the Protein Chemistry group within the Protein Engineering Division of Therapeutic Discovery. The Protein Chemistry group is primarily responsible for the optimization, production, assessment, and selection of novel and complex scaffold molecules, often antibody-based, that will be the next generation of large molecules therapeutics.
- In this vital role you will be a part of a multidisciplinary team with capabilities in protein purification and characterization of large molecule drug candidates with a heavy focus on biophysical and biochemical characterization of multi-specific antibodies with different formats.
- You should be able to interpret and report scientific results that support the generation of publications, patents, or regulatory submissions, and participate in internal and external scientific meetings.
- Good written and oral presentation skills are a must
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a Senior Associate with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Analytical Chemistry or related field.Or
Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Analytical Chemistry or related field and 2 years of relevant experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in purification of proteins using AKTA chromatography system and various types of purification techniques including affinity, SEC, IEX, etc.
- Hands-on experience in protein characterization and analytical techniques including A280 (Nanodrop), HPLC/UPLC-SEC, SDS-PAGE or microchip electrophoresis, thermal stability measurement (Tm Tagg), dynamic light scattering, etc.
- Attention to details and a strong sense of scientific rigor.
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly with a high sense of urgency in a cross-functional highly matrixed team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of biosensor technologies (SPR, BLI) is a plus.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.