Associate Director, Site Culture and Engagement Lead (R1558744-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Business Operations for Summit West Cell Therapy Operations (“S12 Manufacturing”), the Site Culture and Engagement Lead will champion a movement to help shape a shift in site mindsets and behaviors to maximize employee engagement and overall site performance. Initiate, support and facilitate endeavors to enhance organizational effectiveness through interventions based on structure, programs, processes, and systems aimed at gaining a sustainable competitive advantage. Consults with Site Leadership on the development and implementation of key strategies for creating and sustaining a high performing organization. Works both strategically (20%) and tactically (80%) to provide thought leadership in change management, organization effectiveness and performance, site communications and works in partnership with management to orchestrate cultural development and organization change initiatives to achieve the business and people strategies.
- Culture: Serve as a champion for development and execution of the S12 Manufacturing Site Culture Plan. Lead engagements with the Site Leadership to shape the desired cultural aspirations (helping define “How” work gets done, and how teams work together).
- Develop site strategies to establish and embed the desired culture by activating leaders, aligning business and people processes (e.g. performance, talent management, engagement, talent acquisition, total rewards, etc.) and engaging the workforce to understand and adopt the culture. Partner with HR and site leaders to support employee engagement that aligns with the culture of the site and ties back to company priorities e.g. Who Are You Working for?, diversity & inclusion, etc.
- Team Effectiveness: Develop and execute on strategy for development of effective, agile teams. Define approach to embedding methodologies that enhance team dynamics and support the achievement of intended business outcomes.
- Change Management Capability: Develop tools and external relationships, and partner with HRBP and change practitioners to drive consistent execution of change management across the enterprise. Accelerate change efforts across the organization to improve or accelerate organizational outcomes. Develop a strategy for a site change champion network to better enable execution effectiveness
- Develop platforms to maximize the effectiveness of overall site communications. Develop and implement a site communications plan that supports both site-specific events/communications as well as enterprise-related events/communications.
- Coordinate with the GPS Communications lead and the broader Corporate Affairs organization to align and maximize opportunities for Summit West initiatives and communication activities.
- Lead the site People’s Council forum, to align representatives from each function to help with execution of the site culture plan and delivery of performance goals.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelors degree in relevant discipline is required, and a graduate degree is preferred.
- 10 years experience in developing and implementing site/enterprise culture change, engagement and change management efforts for large-scale strategic change
- Deep expertise using Organizational Development and Organizational Effectiveness methods; organizational analysis, team effectiveness, change execution, culture and performance
- Demonstrated success in working effectively at senior leadership levels to impact and influence decision making
- Demonstrated experience utilizing data and analytics to drive business and talent decisions
- A passion for people with exceptional skills in leadership and coaching
- Customer/patient-focused mindset, with excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop communication plans and content as required to ensure sitewide alignment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaborate within a matrixed organization
- Creative and passionate professional with experience in the development and implementation of integrated communications
- Experience in internal communications
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.