Director - Value Generation (R1558516-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Customer & Portfolio Value Generation is part of the Access Marketing (AM) team within the U.S. Value Access & Payment (VAP) group.
As the US healthcare landscape continues to evolve, there is increasing importance in recognizing the changing composition and needs of access customers. The role contributes to the strategies and communications that demonstrate the value of BMS and helps support patient access. Within the market access space, the team is uniquely positioned to work across the BMS franchise and consider high-priority segments and the respective strategies, and opportunities to help drive business performance. As part of the need of bringing the right information to the right customers, communicating the Value of BMS products through healthcare economic information (HCEI) is critical component of the function.
Director of Value Generation
The Director of Value Generation plays a critical role shaping the vision and plan for value marketing team. The Director leads a team of high-performing individuals focused on the development and communication of strategies and tools to support access for the entire franchise. Stakeholder alignment across the matrix and with field teams is central to the ensuring resources and training are fit for purpose.
- Inform strategy for and development of customer facing marketing materials that are tailored to fit various Channels, Segments, or Stakeholders
- Evaluate and identify opportunities where Above Brand resources/programs could provide BMS with a competitive edge and/or increased customer access and help lead the development of the aforementioned tools; partner with home office teams to better integrate these tools into account plans, message/tool flow, and customer engagement
- Lead team in the development and execution of FDAMA 114 marketing materials to proactively communicate Healthcare Economic Information (HCEI) to payers and other formulary decision-makers
- Lead team to develop the reactive resources for the fHEOR team.
- Ensure strong partnership with cross-functional matrix, including payer marketing and HQ HEOR to ensure HCEI alignment with brand/access strategies for both near-term execution, and longer-term HCEI planning and data generation.
- Drive collaboration with cross-functional team members for strategy development and tactical execution, including: HEOR, Payer Marketing, Professional Marketing, Medical, Pricing, Field Access, Learning & Development, and PReP advisors (e.g., Legal, Medical, Regulatory review).
- Guide team in navigating legal and regulatory approval process
- Foster and support an environment of team-work, collaboration, and professional development
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, MS or PhD, Pharm D, preferred
- Track record of highly ethical and compliant behavior
- 5 to 8+ years of relevant experience, which may include market access, regulatory review, HEOR, and consulting experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively and efficiently drive performance within a matrix organization, and form strong, productive partnerships
- Ability to work across boundaries and partner with various stakeholders to build consensus and get results
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams to accomplish specified goals, and make an impact
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution of key initiatives and meet all deadlines
- Strong ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen including a solid understanding of business models of various customer types
- Experience in translating insights and strategies into effective strategies and marketing resources
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think and strategically plan within a complex ecosystem/market
- MBA degree or advanced technical degree or clinical degree preferred (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD, MSc)
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience leading and managing functional area of expertise
- Experience and knowledge of promotional regulatory processes
- Experience working with HEOR data
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.