Histology Technologist Trainee ($1000 Sign-On Bonus!) (2227041)
We are seeking Histology Technologist Trainee to join the Dianon Pathology team, part of LabCorp’s Specialty Testing Group, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Come work in our Pathology laboratory located in Shelton, CT alongside a highly trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient.
Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals. Providing anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in Dermatopathology, Gastrointestinal pathology, Gyn Pathology and Uropathology.
The work schedule for this position will be 2nd shift, Monday-Friday 3:00pm-11:30pm. This position is eligible for a shift differential.
- Perform all technical grossing procedures required to process and submit specimens for microscopic review as per standard operating procedures under the indirect and direct supervision of pathologists
- Operate and maintain automated tissue processors, perform tissue embedding, Cryostat sectioning, operate and maintain tissue embedding units
- Operate and maintain H&E stainers, IHC stainers, special stains stainers and covers lipping units, perform manual covers lipping
- Provide recut preparation for microtomy and slide organization to perform case compilation for pathology
- Quality control completed cases
- Scan cases out of the lab to pathology, maintain log books, and be familiar with location of stored specimens
- Locate specimens and pulls from various departments as requested, paraffin block filing, lab document archiving, prepare and discard chemical reagents such as reagent alcohols
- Perform safety checks in lab
- Work with chemicals such as Xylene, Alcohols, Formaldehyde, etc.
- Handle minute patient tissue samples
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related science as required by CLIA
- No previous experience needed at the Technologist Trainee level
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of hazardous waste characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits, accumulation limits, spill control measures, record keeping, proper handling and container management, labeling, container and storage inspection
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
***** $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates Only!! *****
**Please Note: Candidate will need to provide official transcripts to be credentialed through the LabCorp National Office of Quality before being hired**
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.