Digital Solutions Senior Manager (5000853964810)
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
Lead Digital Innovation across Astellas, helping the organization to understand and leverage the business value of emerging and disruptive digital technologies
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Digital Innovation -- support crowd-sourced digital innovation contests based on specific themes and target audiences; contribute to the emerging technology catalogue performing research into technologies of interest and documenting the potential value for Astellas in adopting these technologies; and perform technology proofs of concept and prototypes, working with business stakeholders and relevant partners to prove or disprove a technology hypothesis
- Innovation projects -- provide support and where appropriate lead innovation projects, working with business stakeholders and other IS groups to formulate project proposals and plans, deliver the project and track business benefits achieved. Manage budgets related to these projects.
- System Ownership -- own a number of enterprise platforms, working with business owners to ensure these platforms are available, adequately licensed and supported. Manage budgets related to these platforms
- Manage systems and projects against agreed budgets and support periodic budget forecasting process
- Number of innovation projects supported
- Number of digital innovation contests held
- Number of proofs of concept and prototypes executed
- Number of emerging technologies researched and documented
Reporting in to Senior Director, Digital Architecture and Solutions as a core part of the Digital Solutions team
- Collaborate with other members of the Digital Solutions team
- Report and review progress with Senior Director, Digital Architecture and Solutions
- Influences business partner groups (CCP, RDP, IS GOV) to adopt digital innovation with their business stakeholders
- Communicate regularly with vendors and industry stakeholders to understand emerging and disruptive digital technologies