Sr Government Pricing Analyst (R-139759_Wilmington)
Responsible for the accurate calculation and analysis of AstraZeneca’s product pricing related to the various data components used to determine the Medicaid Unit Rebate price by NDC, including Average Manufacturer Price and Best Price. The Pricing Analyst additionally has responsibility for the calculation of the Average Sales Price, Non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price, the Federal Ceiling Price, Public Health Service Price, and the execution and compliance of Federal Government Agreements. The individual will also be required to transmit monthly/quarterly/annual/new product lifecycle pricing calculations to CMS, VA and State agencies meeting strict deadlines. This individual will need to fully understand AstraZeneca commercial and government contracts and ensure that all offerings potentially impacting any government-pricing component are identified and captured. The Sr. Pricing Analyst will work closely with Contract Operations to ensure knowledge of changes to contracts and rebates that could impact Government Pricing calculations. The position requires the ability to analyse and explain major changes in monthly or quarterly calculations, which requires strong analytical and communication skills.
• Prepare, analyse, and submit monthly and quarterly product pricing information and other pertinent data to CMS and the Department of Veterans Affairs. This would include the calculation and reporting of Best Price, Average Manufacturer Price, Average Sale Price, Non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price, Public Health Service Price and State Transparency Price Reporting for applicable products, typically 200+ NDCs.
• Support modeling / testing new software due to government pricing systems upgrades and / or changes in pricing methodology.
• Solicit and understand the contract structure and strategy of the Contract Operations business segments and their impact on Medicaid Average Manufacturer Price, Best Price, and Average Sales Price calculations, as well as the Non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price and Public Health Service pricing.
• Monitor the activity of contracts, including varied price concessions such as chargebacks, rebates, fees etc., to evaluate the impact on AMP, Best Price, ASP, NFAMP, and PHS calculations in accordance with the policies of CMS, the VA, and the PHS.
• Understand AstraZeneca class of trade and market segment structure.
• Prepare periodic and ad hoc pricing reports with interpretive commentary for management review.
• Provide accurate analyses in support of numerous internal and external audit inquiries.
• Support initiatives related to Health Care Reform (HCR) or other key projects and/or initiatives, ensuring accurate implementation into systems, models and methodology changes as they are promulgated.
• Prepare and submit competitive solicitations to Federal agencies for published Request for Proposals.
• Maintain and operationalize a 5-year Federal Supply Schedule Agreement through compliance with the Federal Government Regulations (FAR).
• Preparation and submission of State Reporting to vendors and agencies.
• Partner with State/Federal Government Affairs, Legal and others as needed in support of reporting and disclosure requirements.
• Track current trends in pricing legislation and assisting the team as needed with product launch preparation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.