Principal Data Engineer (Enterprise Data Fabric) - Remote Role
Principal Data Engineer (Enterprise Data Fabric)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. The Principal Data Engineer will help realize Amgen’s Digital Strategy. This program will produce business insights through analytic solutions across many parts of the Amgen value chain. The Engineer will be part of a team that is developing the Enterprise Data Fabric. The Data Fabric is composed of data domains which are based on formal ontologies and presented to data scientists and applications in both a graph and relational formats. The Enterprise Data Fabric serves as an information backbone to accelerate the ability of Amgen business leaders to understand and optimize business processes through analytic systems.
In this role, you will be the Product Owner for the Finance Data Domains.
- Lead the Finance Data Product team as the Product Owner.
- Work with Release Train Engineers and Scrum master to plan and execute the work
- Focus on the needs of Business Stakeholders to plan and execute a roadmap to build the data domain in the right order to create adoption.
- Work with Semantic Layer Architects to refine and optimize the technical environment for agility and performance.
- Lead the data product team engineers
- Ensure that the data requirements for applications, data scientists, and cross-functional use-cases are met.
- Ensure that performance, reliability of the system is high.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek has these qualifications:
Master’s degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- 5+ years of experience in the data warehouse space
- 5+ years of experience with one or more programming languages, Python, Scala, or Java.
- 8+ Experience architecting and building ETL pipelines; Hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience with data modeling, performance tuning, and experience on relational and graph databases.
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Hands-on development experience with Databricks
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control, CI/CD, automated testing
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena, API gateway, and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc.)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Clear and disciplined strategic vision for the future that leverages superior-quality products, operational excellence, and top-shelf-talent
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.