Analyst I, Sample Management (34113_Baltimore_(Bayview))
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Analyst I, Sample Management will perform a variety of administrative/laboratory activities to support department objectives under GxP compliance.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs), safety and biosafety procedures.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and regulatory compliance within the department.
• Receive incoming samples
• Sampling aliquoting in biosafety cabinet (BSC)
• Shipment of samples for testing and long-term storage
• Preparation of standard solutions to support lab testing, as needed
• Maintain laboratory documents, records and databases as per SOPs.
• Maintain inventories for lab standards, reagents and testing supplies
• Monitor order and receive laboratory supplies.
• Perform laboratory maintenance including general lab cleaning, equipment cleaning/maintenance and decontamination/disposal of chemical and biohazardous waste.
• Perform daily calibrations and readings for lab equipment.
• Assist with receipt/installation of new equipment and disposition of inactive/retired equipment.
• Perform other tasks as assigned including general facility support.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Grade 12 diploma.
• Experience working in a laboratory or pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions is a requirement.
• Effective written and verbal communication with co-workers, other departments, and external contacts (e.g. suppliers).
• Demonstrate good work ethic and ability to work alone or in a group.
• Strong organizational/time management skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Basic mechanical aptitude/ability to perform routine maintenance on lab equipment.
IV. PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our [Register to View]
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.