Quality Director - Network Strategy (337338)
Quality Director – Network Strategy – 24 months Fixed Term Contract
This is a pivotal role where you will be providing leadership on a significant strategic project for GSK. This role has a global remit, which is highly visible and will involve engaging with senior GSK stakeholders and external parties. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and grow your skills for your future career.
This role can be based remotely; however, you should be based close a local site to travel to when required.
Ideally this role would be based at GSK House, however applicants based in Evreux, Poznan, Navy Yard Philadelphia or RTP North Carolina will also be considered.
This position is responsible for driving the Transitional Services program activities and governance for the Global Supply Chain (GSC) Demerger Program. This includes responsibility for delivery of changes to the portfolio and supply network for GSC resulting from the GSK / Consumer Demerger and completion of the Transitional Service requirements of the Demerger program.
This role requires effective working relationships with the key stakeholders and leadership and it aligned to the GSK Quality Central Function. You will be responsible to ensure the delivery of the program exit criteria, representing the GSC business interests and aligned to the New GSK strategic priorities. The role will be a key interface between the two companies supporting and be responsible to ensure effective governance and escalation process are in place. Internal interfaces include (but are not limited to) Quality Operations, Regulatory, Business Development, External Supply and Site/Project Management teams.
The role will be instrumental to ensure the timely and successful completion of the Demerger program, with appropriate standards applied to ensure GSK's product quality and reputation is protected.
In this role you will…
Accountable for ensuring teams deliver:
- Project delivery requirements and governance for transitional services
- Interfacing with our partners through the Demerger completion
- Support the key project milestones with escalation and scoping of project resourcing needs and risks through governance processes and stakeholder management
- Deliver the future state strategic requirements for Quality functional and GSC, partnering closely with key business leaders
- Ensure effective and timely plan delivery teams are established for projects and support requirements are quantified and managed proactively
- Escalate serious cGMP/Regulatory compliance issues following appropriate internal / external procedures
- Support efforts that positively influence regulators on scientific and technical matters which impact GSK and ensure that regulatory intelligence is promptly distributed for incorporation in local action plans
Strong Relationships Management
- Communicating and coordinating cross functional requirements to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Working closely with stakeholders on decision making and strategic alignment
- Establishing prioritisation process to ensure limited resource is focussed on the right projects
- Drive change and manage through change
- Ensure business continuity in a changing environment
- Encourage collaboration across GSK to ensure cross-functional input to key decisions and initiatives
- Identify and mitigate all forms of risk that impact supply of product to patients: Quality, Service, Cost and Capacity
- Proactively drive a mindset of continuous improvement of processes, value creation and costs savings without compromising compliance, Quality or customer service across the team
- Drive robust problem solving and decision making across the organisation
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree or equivalent in Scientific or technical related discipline
- Extensive experience in the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply
- Global application of Quality Management Systems
- Change Management on a significant scale / scope
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Project Management Certification
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0[Register to View] , or send an email [Register to View] site.