Specialist Procurement (31029698)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our location in Lake County, Illinois, currently has an opportunity for Procurement Specialist, Regional Operations. The Specialist applies experience and procurement knowledge to execute procurement best practices and execute strategies across Global Procurement Services. Work with customers, internal and external, and the Divisions to solve issues and drive high levels of customer service. The position will be responsible to Identify, research, and evaluate suppliers that meet the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
• Proactively seek innovative ways to improve the procurement processes, cycle times, and customer service levels
• Full understanding of the "One Procurement" strategies. Strong knowledge and project work across multiple categories that impact the team positively.
• Works within defined processes and procedures and may help determine appropriate approaches for change.
What you'll work on:
• First line responder; pivots between strategy, operations and transactional procurement
• Drive a defined Source to Pay process flow globally
• Execute against category strategies and work in the guidance of strategic category leaders
• Develop and drive contract processes within a Contract Technology Platform
• Develop and drive catalog strategies within a Catalog Technology Platform
• Manage SOWs/RFI's/Ordering documents. Assist with supplier selection
• Execute ad-hoc/one off buys
• Educate on existing solutions and enable performance and tech tools development
• Drive continuous improvement of global procurement processes and tools
• Communicate and drive change globally as a change champion within the Regional Procurement Operations organization and Source to Pay Technology platform
• Lead resolution on issues within Source to Pay technology improvements.
• Enable supplier integration and KPI's
• Drive savings outcomes
• Collaboration with functions, divisions and global procurement teams
• Create and implement RFPs.
• Drive Key Performance Indicators and Value Metrics
• Performs routine professional-based activities and contribute to and manage some projects.
• Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify request and obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the purchase
• Implement agreed purchasing strategies for category globally
• Seek and support business relationships with diverse suppliers globally
• Meet regularly with divisional customers and support functions to ensure good customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
• Exhibit cultural awareness with foreign business entities
• Seek, develop, and maintain business relationships with suppliers, clients and customers.
• Lead business to adopt change within global procurement
• Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
• Executes against the goals set by the Regional Procurement Operations team.
• Seek innovative ways to maintain and improve procurement processes, cycle times, total acquisition costs, and customer service levels.
• Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Science, Business, or Financial Degrees.
• 1-3 years of Procurement experience.
• Source to Pay Process Understanding
• Functional experience.
• Strong people skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Skilled in spreadsheet programs
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Good interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills
• Source to Pay Technology Experience
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.