Analyst I, Postmarket Surveillance (31029699)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Our location in Burlington, MA is looking for a Postmarket Surveillance Analyst.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Postmarket Surveillance Analyst may perform two different functions within complaint handling. One role is that of complaint investigation management which includes all activities pertaining to receiving and investigating reports of worldwide complaints/events on a variety of products; entering information into the complaint database; independently determining and filing appropriate medical devices reports with various regulatory agencies; participating on cross-functional teams; and providing information on product complaints to various teams (e.g. Regulatory, Quality Engineering).
- The other role of the Postmarket Surveillance Analyst is performing evaluations on various types of returned complaint products (e.g. disposable and implantable products, electronic and electro-mechanical medical devices and systems) such as performing non-destructive and destructive testing; reviewing of Device History Records; coordinating product testing/analysis with other SJM departments and external consultants; preparing technical reports of evaluation findings; operating and maintaining the Postmarket Surveillance Laboratory equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Four-year degree, preferably in the healthcare, science, or technical fields; or 2-year degree and 10 years of relevant experience supporting complaint handling investigations, medical device reporting, product evaluation, or related work
- Knowledge of global regulations for medical device reporting and medical terminology is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Candidate must be able to work well independently and on teams in a busy department while managing multiple ongoing tasks and investigations simultaneously
- Good problem-solving and proficient computer skills are required
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.