Associate Quality Project Leader, Ingredient Supplier Quality (SQA) - Nutrition - Columbus, OH (31029353)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Associate Quality Project Leader, Ingredient Supplier Quality (SQA)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Columbus, OH location in the Nutrition Division.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Ingredient Supplier Quality.
The primary function of the Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) is to assure a high-quality supply of materials through evaluation and development of Abbott Nutrition suppliers worldwide. Ingredient SQA is responsible for working and communicating with ingredient suppliers as part of an ongoing supplier management process. Ingredient SQA supports the following areas: (1) Supplier and ingredient qualification, (2) Supplier development & monitoring, (3) Supplier corrective & preventative actions, (4) Continuous improvement of department & supplier performance, and (5) Regulatory documentation.
Additionally, Ingredient Supplier QA supports the AN plant and TPM quality assurance, operations, and purchasing groups to ensure (1) Proper incoming material, (2) Effective Corrective & Preventative Actions (CAPA), (3) Testing and release of products, and (4) Ensure acceptance plans and specifications are compliant to corporate and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Work On
- Support in maintaining and evaluating suppliers approved listings and status.
- Support SQA quality Systems such as qualification interface, Approved Supplier List, supplier certifications and documentation updates including Quality Agreement and Supplier Expectations.
- Report information on supplier performance internally and externally including the development, sending, and interpreting scorecard and trending information.
- Assist with low complexity supplier qualification assessments and documentation to ensure quality systems, processes, and facilities meet Abbott & regulatory requirements.
- Execute and manage internal reviews of supplier documentation submitted as related to ingredient changes (supplier change notifications).
- Support with inter-departmental programs as needed to assure accuracy of our ingredient specifications.
- Support with investigations as needed to resolve and troubleshoot supplier processing or ingredient issues. Support in resolving ingredient quality issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with supplier CAPAs and improvements plans as required (weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Bachelor of Science degree in technical, or science field required.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in quality, laboratory environment, supplier quality assurance programs or related experience in operations, or quality assurance.
- Ability to work independently and/or function with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize/prioritize work, to meet deadlines and to prepare plans and reports
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and analytical thinking
- Ability to effectively organize and communicate technical information
The Associate Quality Project Leader (Ingredients) should meet and/or exceed the Abbott Core Competency requirements, as well as:
- Exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience qualifying new products or ingredients. Demonstrate ability to manage several activities and projects at once. Including the ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, prepare plans and reports.
- Ability to work independently through troubleshooting supplier issues.
- Ability to provide recommendations to help suppliers improve their performance.
- Experience in performing or leading supplier assessments (including auditing of suppliers). Possess a thorough knowledge of quality assurance principles and manufacturing processes (production, logistics, and engineering).
- Possess a technical understanding of different technologies, product quality systems, and supplier programs.
- Possess an understanding of food ingredient requirements and industry regulations for commercial ingredient use.
- Successfully interact and communicate with all organizational levels internally and externally.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.