Business Process Manager (31029018)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Business Process Manager
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of one of our Livemore, CA, Lake Forest, IL, or Orlando, FL locations in the Rapid Diagnostics division. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people. Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
As a Business Process Manager, you will take ownership of the company’s healthcare service platform end-to-end processes and the process team. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the operating processes involved. Strong software product development and project experience, work ethics and can-do attitude are the must-have requirements.
What You’ll Work On
- Calculate and organize all data for complex operations process flow sheets. Model processes and unit operations.
- Embed the concept of Continuous Improvement across the company (across all functions and all levels) in the pursuit of key business deliverables and establish sustainable and measurable financial outcomes as measured by P&L impact.
- Foster a change control environment that effectively delivers change while, accelerating outcomes, and minimizing transitional disruption with impacted stakeholders
- Operate as a recognized business partner while recommending, promoting, and implementing LEAN concepts designed to improve enterprise maturity in the pursuit of improved business outcomes.
- Deliver guidance and training with respect to LEAN methodologies, techniques and capabilities.
- Develop and administer the business wide Value Stream Roadmap and establish/implement continuous improvement, cost savings and bottom line improvements.
- Monitor overall progress and communicate the results achieved to senior management.
- Bachelors’ degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations, and/or commensurate experience is required.
- Lean six sigma certification (black belt preferred)
- 5-7 years’ experience working in an Operational or Service based leadership role, involving demonstrated continuous improvement through analytical assessment and problem solving skills
- Is a service operations expert
- Demonstrated Operational Experience leading change with respect to one or more of the following enterprise enhancements: Lean, Six Sigma, JIT Inventory, Kaizan, Outsourced Manufacturing, Pull Systems, Workflow Automation, Performance Monitoring, Cost of Quality, DMAIC, etc.
- Relevant QA/Manufacturing/Engineering experience
- Healthcare, Diagnostics, Logistics, Call Center, experience a plus
- Experience operating in a highly regulated environment also a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
- Significant experience in change management techniques and demonstrated success influencing cultural change
- Demonstrated ability to make progress and decisions amidst ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work at both the detailed and summary level.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.