Senior Financial Analyst (31029812)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics
WHAT YOU’LL DO.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located in Lake Forest, IL. In this role, you will ensure Division leadership has the accurate and timely financial data to support decision making. This opportunity with Abbott’s Rapid Diagnostics Division (RDx) finance team is for a results driven and well-organized individual with strong analytical, communication, financial systems, and Excel skills. This role reports to the RDx Division HQ FP&A Manager and will primarily be responsible for various Division HQ FP&A consolidation activities, performing sales and P&L analytics, and enhancing reporting and analysis surrounding gross margin.
What You Will Do:
- Liase between Division HQ, the Business Units Finance teams within RDx (Infectious Disease Emerging Markets, Infectious Disease Developed Markets, Cardiometabolic, Consumer Products, and Toxicology), and Abbott Corporate FP&A.
- Support and consolidate the RDx global P&L. Prepare management reporting; analysis of Sales and P&L trends and comparisons vs. benchmarks (comparisons to Plan, LBE, and Prior Year); identify key drivers as part of variance analytics.
- Maintain the RDx financial planning tool, PowerOn, and support ongoing enhancements, including impacts of the upcoming migration of financial actuals reporting into Abbott HFM.
- Work with management teams in Finance, RDx Business Units, and HQ functions to enhance reporting metrics and analysis around manufacturing variances. Identify opportunities and highlight risks associated with the achievement of targets and metrics.
- Assist in understanding current processes and integrating into existing Abbott systems and processes.
- Collaborate with RDx Business Unit Finance, and Local/Entity Finance teams on Monthly and Quarterly Financial Planning and Reporting requirements.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses based on needs of Finance leadership and RDx management, evaluate overall Division performance and items such as new initiatives and cost savings opportunities. Assist with preparation of management PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong communications (verbal & written), attention to detail along with the proven ability to manage concurrent projects independently is a must for this role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors’ in Accounting/Finance, Business, or Economics.
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant finance and/or accounting experience in a fast-paced work environment with frequent deadlines; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Previous experience working with large amounts of data and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Solid accounting knowledge and strong technical systems skills such as SAP and Hyperion preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of internal clients. Flexible and well-organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Reasoning - Ability to solve problems with complex variables through non-standardized solutions that require independent judgment and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and use deductive reasoning with no prescribed procedures to solve complex problems.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills and the capability to conduct complex data analysis.
- Minimal to no travel required.
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Cost Accounting background preferred
- Medical device/pharma manufacturing experience preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.