Associate Director of Equipment Robustness & Engineering
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director (AD) will lead the Equipment Robustness (ER) program across the global Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) plant network for small and large molecule entities. The purpose of the program is to assure continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment performance to help ensure the supply of the best medicines for our patients. The ER Program is based on data analytical science and uses the disciplines of process engineering, statistics and computer science to execute.
- The AD will build and manage a matrix team of engineers and scientists that support the ER program.
- Will develop partnerships with end-users (clients) of ER across the global Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) plant network.
- Will partner with other necessary BMS functional groups (MS&T, IT, BI&A, OpEx), so as to work together to deliver value to the end-users.
- Will develop a vision for the program and execute a strategy to achieve it.
- Will develop all the necessary capabilities in the team members.
- Will have a plan to promote the ER program across BMS to increase engagement and adoption of the program.
- Will focus on value creation and value capture from the program, and have definitive forms of measurement for this, that show clear success of the program to BMS.
- For example: improved equipment reliability (OEE), reduced quality events (investigations), improved equipment performance (Cpk), predictive outcome modeling (AI/ML).
- Will stay engaged with the rapidly changing data analytics space external to BMS, so as to ensure BMS has a competitive position.
- Travel is expected on average to be about 30%.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a realated Pharmaceutical Science. Advanced degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimium of 15 years experience in biopharma industry in concentrated disciplines of: Engineering, Manufacturing, Science & Technology, or Information Technology within a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with oral solid dosage and biologics GMP manufacturing technologies is highly desired.
- Individual to have global networking experience with a large company.
- Experience in leading complex projects or driving program delivery across multiple sites.
- Strong program or project management experience with proven track-record of several years managing different programs/projects. Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous programs/projects.
- Demonstrated innovation, flexibility, open-mindedness, and to meet goals in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated influential leadership expertise and experience with senior level interactions and influence with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality.
- Demonstrated Enterprise mindset to be able to think and act across functions and divisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization with a range of technically, culturally, and geographically diverse teams and to influence areas not under direct control to achieve targets and communicate important goals.
- Demonstrated people management experience.
- Excellent teamwork, sociable, and communication skills, and collaborate with colleagues and management at all levels and through various formats (e.g. presentations, written proposals, reports, correspondence, lead meetings, face-to-face dialogue, etc).
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking capability with strong project management focus and ability to focus on execution of strategic decisions while balance conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated capability with ability to make and act on decisions while balancing speed, quality and risk to deliver value added results that meet requirements with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated change in anticipating and leading others through changing work environment.
- Ability to provide creative ideas or alternatives that create value including trying to find new information and external insights without compromising proprietary advantage or compliance.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.