Sr. Director, Enterprise Architect -Technology/Infrastructure (339493)
Are you looking for an opportunity to partner with key business partners and stakeholders to embed the data disclosure process and influence the data integrity strategies and drive new ways of working? If so, this is the role for you.
The Sr. Director, Enterprise Architect -Technology/Infrastructure is a senior technology leader for the Global Tech Enterprise Architecture function at GSK reporting to the Head of Enterprise Architecture. The role holder will be an evangelist for the technology domain solutions and services offered by the Global Tech organisation. The individual will build relationships with Tech leaders, understand the challenges and needs of the business, and provide strategic guidance & oversight to the technical teams to meet the needs of the business effectively.
The Sr, Director Enterprise Architect for Technology domain is responsible for the technology architectural leadership / strategy for an entire domain of activity and is the organization’s top architectural resource in their respective competency (domain). Advises CTO, Global Tech business units, Global Platform & Technology (GP&T) and head of Enterprise Architecture on matters of technology architecture planning and execution. Work with technology leaders globally and ensures the alignment of the IT technology Strategy to the broader organization's mission, strategy / objectives, capabilities, and processes using industry recognized architectural models and roadmaps. Expands the company's use of technology as a strategic enabler of goals and objectives, realizing global business benefits whilst empowering local service innovation.
The Sr. Director Enterprise Architect will focused on the cloud technologies, infrastructure layer across all of Tech, driving strategy and execution. This will ensure a seamless and connected set of tech products across the Technology domain. The leader will also research, prioritize, and experiment with emerging technology.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Enterprise Architecture frameworks and approaches for technology domain, architecture governance and tooling, domain leadership role in the Enterprise Architecture Leadership Team to work with other functions of the Enterprise Architecture Function to drive the maturity of the group and ensure delivery of seamless, end-to-end Enterprise Architecture Services.
- Responsible for steering / driving the most important and complex future planning activities and projects. Involved in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the research / investigation, selection, development, implementation and use of technology within the organization.
- This role will define requirements for taxonomy, standards, guidelines, procedures, templates and tools, and provide a linkage for these components and develop reference & target architectures, patterns, standards, future roadmaps and capabilities within the technology domain.
- Leads efforts to develop and maintain the architectural assets for the domain, sets an architecture direction for the domain that is aligned with business and IT goals
- Represents enterprise architecture by advocating and sharing knowledge, participates as a member of architectural review boards (ARB) that ensure architecture quality and compliance
- Establish technology architecture roadmaps, reference and target architecture, architectural and design principles, best practices, patters, and standards, oversee adherence to defined technology architecture principles and standards
- Define architecture framework and actual architecture for all solutions, well-integrated, across technologies, maintain/document and review architecture constantly
- Work with senior business executives, vendors, and other senior technology leaders. Acts as a trusted advisor in identifying long term technology domain visions and communicates the value of EA across the organisation.
- Proactively engage with key business and tech stakeholders to anticipate upcoming technology demand, assess new investment requests for strategic and architectural fit.
- Work with the GP&T and BU technology groups to develop and lead best practices for cloud, infrastructure technologies.
- Develop and lead best practices for business continuity planning, high availability and resiliency of mission critical services.
- Enforces architecture governance structures and compliance activities to maintain regulatory compliance and enterprise standards
- Communicates the value, and oversees delivery, of EA asset content (re-usable architecture assets – ABBs), its management via logical frameworks and use in enterprise-wide roadmapping and leveraging of these assets by solution architects within their competency
- Cultivates and builds relationships across business, IT and vendors / analysts to gather intelligence and bring insight about the wider enterprise picture and enable the leveraging of emerging technology industry standards and approaches within EA
- An ongoing communication plan to educate and train technology stakeholders on the purpose and benefits of Enterprise Architecture
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific discipline
- 10 + years of experience in enterprise/solution technology architecture management, enterprise system technology, infrastructure, integration, cloud, hosting and shared technology services.
- 4+ years of management experience working in a matrix organization organizing and managing large teams is required
- Must have a successful track record of tactical execution
- Must have a history of providing vision and leadership
- Experience working in a regulated industry, such as healthcare, financial services, or biotech is strongly desired
- Strong 3rd party vendor management.
- Able to demonstrate technical breadth across Enterprise Technology portfolio.
- Excellent cross-functional planning and execution.
- Experience with public cloud; design and implementation, automation & security across IaaS and PaaS architypes.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post Graduate Degree in a Scientific Discipline
- Excellent people leadership qualities in both a direct and matrix organisation.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management
- Should have demonstrated an exceptional grasp of corporate strategy
- Understanding of regulations that impact the consumer health industry (e.g., GxP, GDPR / Schrems, Sarbanes Oxley).
- Understanding of core technology hardware & operational technology in R&D, Vaccine, manufacturing and supply chain environments.
- Any of the following a bonus: Cloud Architect Certifications (Azure, GCP). ITIL / Agile/Product certifications.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
Managing individual performance.
Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
Building a resilient organisation.
Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
Managing P&L and capital allocation.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.