Manager, Data Management (339129)
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage clinical data projects and meet study objectives? If so, this is the role for you.
As Research Analysis Professional you will be responsible for providing necessary tools and expertise to enable the Clinical Study teams to collect, clean, and deliver robust clinical trial data. You will also ensure that the clinical trial data is in a format that follows the protocol of the regulatory bodies while meeting GSK standards.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Design, implement, maintain and decommission all data acquisition, data transformation, data quality tools, and components
- Manage projects for the delivery of some or all clinical data components
- Interpret clinical protocols and works closely with the protocol author to understand optimal methods for collecting high-quality data
- Design and define the “data package” for the technical requirements for dataset definitions, data validation, data extraction, transformation and integration, data reporting tools, and data visualization
- Guide the study team to ensure the design will meet study objectives while optimizing GSK systems architecture and data standards
- Ensure components are properly tested to meet technical requirements
- Manages eCRF and ePRO decommissioning and related data package archiving
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Broad understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the clinical development process
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Programming knowledge with EDC tools (e.g. InForm), SAS, SQL, Visual Basic, relational database design
- Ability to interact with study team members
- Understanding of data collection methods and data quality tools in the broader context of clinical studies
- Ability to influence others
- Good understanding of clinical protocol design
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.