Senior Shopper Engagement Manager - Walmart (503496-gsknch)
Are you energized by finding new ways to reach shoppers with breakthrough content and collaborating with customers to drive long lasting change in shopper attitudes and behavior? If so, the Senior Shopper Engagement Manager - Walmart role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As the Senior Shopper Engagement Manager - Walmart, you will
- Lead the development and execution of customized Shopper Marketing strategy in partnership with the customer, cross-functional teams and agency partners.
- Drive GSK’s Innovation pipeline with Walmart as a key strategic JBP partner
- Develop short to medium term activation plans, keeping a pulse on new and different opportunities (ie. Digital) and drives consumption growth through insight-led, innovative and fully evaluated activities.
- Create programs, which enable a long-lasting change in shopper attitude and behavior, unlocking category growth and brand equity growth for GSK.
- Deliver GSK’s annual benchmarks: Net Sales, Share, Profits.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Co-manage the Shopper Science Lab. Lead tours and assist team members in the development of research projects.
- Lead the development of Walmart Shopper profiles by partnering with internal teams and agency partners to create actionable profiles for each brand and category. Mine data for linkages between shopper profiles and scale opportunities.
- Partner with Shopper Engagement Lead to share-out materials internally and externally
- Provide leadership and support to Shopper Marketing Managers on team
- Participate in Shopper Marketing share groups and industry events
- Own strategy and activation across the GSK portfolio of product
- Manage Shopper Engagement budget, strategically investing to improve ROI and efficiency
- Drive sales and consumption through brand-specific activations & category-driving platforms and GSK Scale
- Partner with Customer Strategy/Insights to understand new opportunities to drive growth with a foundation in the Shopper Purchase Journey Oversee agency team, managing deadlines and ensuring flawless execution
- Build customized 360-degree campaigns for Tier-1 launches
- Establish relationships with Walmart Connect, Walmart Marketing and Walmart Merchandising to align on retailer and GSK strategies
- Actively engage in customer meetings with Merchandising, Marketing and E-Comm teams
- Steer high-visibility projects, presenting with confidence to Walmart senior management
- Leverage shopper insights to design highly-targeted and relevant campaigns for Walmart shoppers
- Manage Agency resources to develop best in class campaigns inclusive of audience targeting and amplification and breakthrough creative that drives conversion
- Advance GSK digital innovation by testing new media partners and understanding industry trends
- Champion the appropriate and effective use of the Visual Brand Language across all in store, omni channel and online retailer elements of the marketing activation plan
- Help to lead / guide category activations across GSK when needed
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7+ years marketing experience in a consumer healthcare environment
- CPG Experience in the Retail Landscape
- Expertise in Digital Marketing / Media (including Ecomm, Mobile, Social, SEO / SEM, Analytics)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Walmart knowledge a plus
- Has a visionary, strategic mindset and a “can do” attitude; recognizing and capitalizing on growth opportunities for brand and retailer categories.
- Has a deep understanding of the retailer/category/shopper which is used to take full advantage of the shopping environment
- Understanding of Shopper Marketing Agency processes
- Ability to multi-task with excellent project management skills
- Ability to drive relationship across multiple stakeholders (both internal & external
- Comfortable with white space and building strategic ideas from the ground up
- Insight development with ability to leverage those insights to create meaningful content
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.