Senior Business Analyst E-Commerce (503232-gsknch)
The primary responsibility of this role is to contribute to the success of the Sales Team by providing business operations support and marketplace analysis via assigned tasks and special projects while learning GSK systems, roles, policies and practices to prepare for a future sales position.
- Responsible for monthly eCommerce performance reporting, and robust data analysis to identify emerging trends and insights that would enable eCommerce growth acceleration.
- Utilize Power BI, Amazon Vendor Central, Edge Market Share, ABVP, FILA, and other reporting tools to track sales performance, share metrics, competitive landscape, and forecast analysis.
- Responsible for weekly update of Power BI & weekly reporting to team & cross funtional
- Support cross-functional marketing team in conducting content audits, promotional analysis, path to purchases drivers, and keyword analytics to ensure search and campaign optimization
- Learn GSK, Retailer and GSK 3rd party systems
- Analyze syndicated data and evaluate promotional activity, completing necessary reporting templates and enter data into GSK systems (TSM).
- Analyze Retailer specific POS and/or Shopper data via appropriate systems and complete reporting templates.
- Analyze and report Retailer Market trends of GSK and Competitors to Team.
- Distribute reports and present trends to local and internal teams and to Customer where appropriate.
- Maintain and coordinate communication of various Team reports and information to internal GSK departments (e.g. Customer Strategy, Brand Marketing Teams, Sr Commercial Leadership).
- Play a key role in development and inputs into on-going Sales Forecasting process for assigned brands
- Coordinate and contribute to special projects on behalf of Team and across GSK internal departments as developed.
- Cultivate relationships within GSK and Retail customer.
- Key member of GSK sub teams calling on major customer for assigned brands
Business and Technical Skills
- Proficient in BI/Tableau and data automation
Business Understanding and Insight
- Uses appropriate internal and external data sources to conduct robust analysis key dynamics, trends, and customer needs.
- Proactively utilizes insights to identify opportunities and develop actionable, relevant recommendations.
- Uncovers and predicts future trends that can be used to develop plans that will deliver against business objectives.
- Anticipates and embraces change and emerging trends in the broader environment Develops commercial solutions that maximize the eCommerce opportunity without exposing established trade channels.
Shopper Understanding and Insight
- Uses appropriate data sources to understand shopper behavior, drivers and barriers to purchase across the total path to purchase in a connected world, including digital and physical touchpoints.
- Uncovers actionable insights that are used to develop or localize category strategies, develop category activation platforms, and create shopper solutions that deliver business objectives and maximize shopper experience.
- Tracks, monitors and adjusts activities based on real-time market implementation.
- Shares learnings so that successful executions can be scaled quickly.
- Plans and executes customer negotiations that close and deliver on GSK-desirable outcomes while sustaining working relationships.
- Understand and promote GSK's digital agenda.
- Liaise with Global and Commercial Marketing on product content requirements for ecommerce site(s).
Makes decisions guided by our strategy, IPT (Innovation, Performance and Trust) priorities, and values. Pursues ambitious goals for the business, even when they appear out-of-reach, and moves forward at pace. Makes decisions and choices, even when it is difficult to do so. Acts with integrity and does the right thing –no exception, and challenges when something looks or feels wrong.
Holds self and others to the commitments that have been made. Knows which decisions can be made and takes ownership for making them. Prioritizes work that supports GSK’s strategy and knows what must be done to achieve results. Acts responsibly in how the company’s money is spent.
Asks for feedback and is constantly learning, ensuring skills meet changing business needs. Grows through challenging work and others.
Has aligned objectives and works together with team and other teams in support of the business. Understands how work contributes to GSK’s IPT priorities and uses this to inspire others. Welcomes open discussion by inviting and encouraging diverse ideas, styles, and perspectives. Invests in relationships in team and across other teams..
Candidate will need to flex their communication style to meet the needs of their wide array of stakeholders
Ensures (internal and third parties) understanding and compliance with applicable global and local laws and regulations including but not limited to: antitrust, competition law, adverse advents, data protection, advertising and others) as well as GSK values and GSK standardsWhy you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business discipline
- 3-5+ years of field sales analytics experience in consumer packaged
- Experience in, or working closely with Category Management, Shopper Marketing, Customer Strategy – and overall headquarter engagement
- MBA Preferred
- Candidate will need to demonstrate understanding of the customer trading context
- Knowledge and understanding of [Register to View] and Amazon Vendor Central is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, mine for insights and develop conclusions/strategy.
- Agility to adapt to first time situations and opportunities applying previous enterprise wide experience to deliver a sustained business model which supports above industry growth.
- Proven ability to Influence and collaborate effectively as part of a team and with key stakeholders.
- High integrity, fairness and transparency.
- Effective communicator across different mediums (oral, written, face-to-face, and remotely via available and new technology)
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.