We are seeking Histology Professionals to join the LabCorp team where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Come work in our Histology laboratory located in Shelton, CT alongside a highly trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient. Please note, you will need to provide official sealed transcripts as well as documentation for any applicable certification to secure employment with LabCorp
Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp’s Specialty Testing Group, is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in Dermatopathology, Gastrointestinal pathology, Gyn Pathology and Uropathology. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals.
The schedule for this position will be 2nd Shift, Tuesday - Saturday 1:30pm-10:00pm.
- Process human tissue and body fluid specimens in preparation for microscopic exam
- Perform technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides of surgical specimens
- Section the embedded tissue, using a microtome and mount the section properly on a microscope slide
- Perform various immunohistochemical tests on formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections
- Process mounted sections through routine and special staining procedures
- Properly orient and embed surgical tissue specimens
- Prepare the stains and reagents needed for special procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Operate and maintain manual and automated instruments
- Perform and document equipment maintenance as needed
- Record equipment log data in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, analysis and reporting
- Document problems that may affect test performance and perform corrective actions as needed
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a Life Science and meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Histology and/or ASCP certifications are preferred
- Previous experience in histology with microtomy training is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with routine histology procedures and equipment
- Immunohistochemistry experience is a plus
- Comfortability embedding both large and small specimens
- Ability to accurately read all labels and documents
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a high volume laboratory environment is desirable
- Familiarity with laboratory SOPs and safety protocols
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.