Regional Sales Director, CRM - Upstate NY (Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse).
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.About AbbottAbbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at AbbottAt Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Has primary management responsibility directly or through subordinates for directing the CRM sales of ABT products and/or services in a specified region or other major geographical area. Exercises direct supervision over Company sales force personnel. Recommends, interprets and implements corporate, division or organizationally specific policies and procedures to accomplish assignments and resolves a broad range of issues and problems; ensures employee compliance with such policies, practices and procedures. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Assures that quality of services meets internal and external customer requirements. Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility. May be responsible for processes across Regional or organizational lines.
1. Responsible for hiring and retaining a diverse, highly qualified staff and for providing career coaching, growth and personal development. Responsible for the development of staff: critiques, instructs, mentors, evaluates and coaches. Accountable for the performance of subordinates or the work output of managed subcontractors. Maintains a safe working environment and a strong customer focus.
2. Prepares regional sales forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential and in the preparation of CRM sales expense estimates for the region.
3. Plans and manages the CRM sales effort for assigned region.
4. Maintains contact with major accounts within assigned region, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
5. Participates in the development of marketing policy, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes.
6. Assists sales support/marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training, and market research in planning and executing special projects.
1. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, a comprehensive knowledge of the company's products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
2. Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
3. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Working within broad objectives, contributes to the development/implementation of company sales policies, procedures and day-to-day area practices; develops/implements systems and procedures to maximize access to area sales information on which to base strategic business decisions. Sets strategic direction for the Region. Accountable for the contribution of the Area Sales Organization to the long-term needs of ABT. Has authority to make resource, schedule and performance commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results. Decisions and recommendations have a critical impact on significant Area projects or operations. Acts as mentor to staff to develop solutions and resolve complex problems that could significantly impact organization budgets or commitments. Resolves complex problems and develops original solutions.
Required: A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent. Typically eight plus years of progressively more responsible work experience in Tachycardia/Bradycardia product areas or a related discipline, including direct experience in CRM product sales preferred.
[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.