Laboratory Technician I - On Call (2233803)
Lab Technician I
- Follows the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- Operates laboratory equipment.
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and follows up appropriately.
- Processes and ships PK samples according to study specific instructions.
- Performs phlebotomy as needed.
- Participates in the collection of biological specimens. Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
- Facilitates the work flow through the laboratory to ensure completion of processing in a timely manner.
- Operates and utilizes all communications systems available in the laboratory; telephones, copiers, facsimile machines and pagers.
- Maintains and cleans laboratory equipment.
- Inventories reagents and supplies to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Handles hazardous materials, reagents and chemicals in a safe manner in accordance to laboratory policy and procedure.
- Washes laboratory glassware and maintains general laboratory cleanliness.
- Completes special projects.
- Supports and participates in Corporate and Department initiatives regarding quality system implementation, maintenance, and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
- 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Additional laboratory experience may be substituted for education requirements.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.