Financial Analyst (31030777)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst to support Abbott’s Structural Heart (SH) Division in Plymouth, MN. This position is a key value-added role within SH Operations Finance that partners with various levels of leadership to drive financial ownership, cost efficiency, and process improvement. You will be responsible for complex, timely, and accurate financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for the business. Additionally, you will be providing standard cost analysis, manufacturing network strategy, and process improvement.
- Consolidate financials from various global manufacturing sites and Divisional cost centers and provide succinct effective communication to leadership on business performance to identify opportunities and drive improvement. Scope includes Month-End Close, Quarterly Forecasts, Annual Plan & Standard Costs.
- Develop budgets in support of Annual Plan and Quarterly Forecasts for Divisional cost centers. Perform variance analysis and identify key drivers in support of business decisions. Conduct regular financial reviews with business partners to communicate financial performance and business issues. Provide valuable insight to influence business to achieve financial goals.
- Execute Month-End Close process including journal entries preparation, spending/headcount review, variance analyses, and reporting of monthly results to management.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses to support complex decision making within global manufacturing operations and present recommendations to management. Serve as financial lead in cross-functional team environments.
- Identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that drive efficiencies. Develop and utilize sound financial processes to drive improved business performance.
- Support ad hoc internal and external audit requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 0-2 years of full-time finance and/or accounting experience.
- Intermediate computer applications (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, variance analysis skills, accuracy, and attention to details.
- Ability to learn system software and databases quickly (SAP, Essbase, Business Objects).
- Medical device industry experience.
- Experience with SAP, Business Objects, and Hyperion SmartView/Essbase.