Pricing Specialist (31030908)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Responsible for ensuring ADC contracts are consistent with overall pricing strategies that ensure goal achievement, while maximizing, assuring customer satisfaction, meeting legal guidelines, and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. This is an onsite opportunity in Alameda, CA.
What You’ll Work On
- Responsible for developing creative proposals and contracts for various channels within ADC, while ensuring ADC contracts meet legal guidelines and maintain the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Provide analytical support to assigned channel (s) that informs and facilitates channel leader decision-making.
- Qualify sales opportunity for appropriate business contracting arrangement while providing decision support to sales and marketing teams to enable management of businesses while protecting Abbott’s interest and profitability.
- Ensure that all proposed contracts are properly aligned with marketing objectives and to provide direction on marketing strategies, national account contract and pricing strategies, and systems support.
- Accountable for ensuring assigned Sales Channels adhere to approved pricing guidelines.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a database of all product information to be provided to Customers, as well as maintaining integrity of Database of Contract Pricing.
- Manage and prioritize all contract development activities. Support Manager of Contract Compliance, Director, Customer Care and all other Sales and Marketing Directors on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for coordinating legal review and approval of contract development. Develops and delivers proposal presentations to customers and assists with the negotiation of contractual arrangements.
- Ensures compliance with governmental/domestic regulations, as well as monitoring a report of sales transactions for customers to ensure they are not below government or contract pricing.
- Accountable for maintaining and developing designated channel contracts in a timely manner, while meeting customer needs, and following all Abbott guidelines and applicable laws.
- Responsible for informing and coordinating with others within ADC, the terms and conditions within individual contracts. Business scope includes blood glucose products covered within Supply, Charge-back, Clinical Study, Distributor Direct, GPO, Letter of Participation, Rebate and Trade agreements.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Responsible for serving as the ADC Pricing Specialist for designated channel pricing and product information, both internally and externally, providing assistance to identify and diffuse diversion issues, and providing support as needed to all channels of Contract Development.
- Maintain and develop designated channel contracts in a timely manner, while meeting customer needs, and following all Abbott guidelines and applicable laws.
- Accountable for the integrity of contracted pricing databases, which will be used by Finance for accrual purposes.
- Create and maintain the product information database.
- Accountable for ensuring Sales Channels adhere to approved pricing guidelines.
- Accountable for coordinating price increases with customers and tracking customer orders to prevent customer loading due to price increases.
- Coordinate legal review and approval of contract development. Information handled in this position is considered to be confidential and could affect competitive and legal situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Major in business discipline preferred.
- Two (2) years of related work experience is required, or Master’s degree with two (2) years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in contracting and/or pricing philosophies.
- Position requires strong balance of interpersonal, conceptual and analytical skills resulting from education and work experience.
- Administrative, analytical, communication, leadership, project management.
- Experience in contracts and pricing in general, (Government and / or Hospital contracting preferred), Customer Service, Finance, Information Systems.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interface comfortably with all levels within the organization, pay close attention to details and have a comfort level with meeting deadlines.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
General Medical Devices:
Our medical devices help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.