Territory Manager III, Long Beach, CA (31030795)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop territory sales plans to exceed revenue and market penetration goals, ensuring collaboration and alignment with Regional Sales Manager.
- Responsible to generate additional sales revenue and drive SCS, DRG, and RF procedure penetration in an assigned region by running initiatives targeted at increasing referrals of eligible patients.
- Identify strategies to increase referrals of appropriate chronic pain patients to interventional pain centers for SCS, DRG and RF procedures and overcome barriers that are restricting the national growth and adoption of the therapy.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing customers, KOLs and industry leaders.
- Maintains understanding of Chronic Pain Therapies in a competitive environment.
- Work is performed without significant direction
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Coordinates implanting schedules of aligned Territory Managers and Clinical Specialists
- Contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
- Analyzes sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
- May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
- Manages and is fiscally responsible for consigned inventory used in the territory
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Working within broad objectives, is accountable for maintaining and, where possible, expanding the level of sales in assigned area.
- Ensures the prompt follow-up of sales leads, the investigation of complaints, and the timely completion and filing of standard reports required by sales management.
- Has authority to make sales commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results. May provide substantial input to division-wide sales standards, practices, procedures and policies.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to interface and interact with patients up to 50% of the time
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years of relevant work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of successful sales experience, strong preference within medical device industry
- Well organized, capable of juggling multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines.
- Excellent personal computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with direct quota attainment and performance metrics
- Schedule flexibility for case coverage and client meetings after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time.
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.