Territory Manager, Continuum - South (31030604)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Our Southern Territory currently has an opportunity for a Territory Manager. The Territory Manager is responsible for achieving Continuum growth goals working with VAD coordinators at implanting LVAD hospitals to provide patients with Heartmate equipment and driveline supplies as an outsourcing service solution. Continuum is a subsidiary company of Abbott that distributes durable medical equipment prosthetics and supplies aligned with Abbott’s Heart Failure organizational products. The Territory Representative will travel weekly to meet with new and existing customers to help grow market share. The Territory Representative will meet regularly with the National Sales Director to review results, forecasts, customer needs, leading to goal attainment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Meet and exceed territory goals on a consistent basis.
- Travel weekly to existing customers to grow and/or maintain market share.
- Prospect new customers in their territory and strategically map a sales plan to close business. Work with Continuum Customer Service team to facilitate center specific needs.
- Accurately forecast business for existing customers and new customer closes.
- Utilize software daily to document customer visits and achievement of milestones in the sales funnel for new and existing customers.
- Coordinate efforts with key field team members who are key in supporting customer workflows and utilization of our disease management solutions.
- Development of key business strategies, propose new initiatives, and define business opportunities
- Regularly meet with the National Sales Director to review results, forecasts, and customer needs leading to goal attainment.
- Follow all regulatory policies and procedures, privacy and security standards in accordance with government agencies to include HIPAA requirements.
- Complete expenses on a timely basis.
- Provide feedback to marketing and operations on customer needs and shifting market dynamics.
- Complete all assigned educational, developmental, and compliance training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 2-3 years selling products or service within a healthcare setting is a plus.
- Previous VAD or DME experience is a plus
- Proven track record in sales success (President’s Club, stack rankings, YOY growth)
- CRM experience (daily data entry of accounts, leads, run reports and effective account planning management)
- Formalized sales training; Strategic Selling or Other
- Strong negotiation skills & proven contract negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and forecasting accuracy
- Travel up to75% or more. Includes car and air travel within the respective territory.
- A valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must meet vendor credentialing requirements; ability to work in physician and hospital settings
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]