Inspector II, Receiving (31030681)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Electrophysiology and Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in EPHF, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Receiving & Inspection Technician II to perform quality control inspection activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Performs visual, dimensional and functional inspection and testing according to documented policies and procedures.
· Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures.
· Operates all associated test and measurement equipment as instructed and as documented in procedures.
· Recommends changes to policies and procedures.
· Documents non-conformances in Non-Conforming Material Review system.
· Participates in GR&R studies as directed by engineers or technicians.
· Collects data for First Article inspections.
· Performs testing and inspection in accordance with special test requests.
· May train other Inspectors.
· Assists in gathering, analyzing, and trending of data
· Other Duties: Performs work of a miscellaneous nature as required.
· Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High School degree required
· 2+ years prior inspection experience
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
· Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
· 2+ years prior medical device experience preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.