System Engineer - Molecular Diagnostics (31029428)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular has an opening at its Des Plaines IL Headquarters, for a System Engineer within its Engineering team. As part of the On-Market Instrument Support team for Alinity m, the System Engineer will support, contribute and execute on-market improvements, create and execute test protocols. This position will ensure that projects progress as planned, meet their goals and requirements and provide guidance to technical reliability issues. This position will also work with a multidisciplinary team to help identify instrument improvement projects.
Consistently on an ongoing basis, develops and applies advanced theories, methods, and research techniques to the investigation and solution of complex technical problems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Interface with product team members, PCB designers, manufacturing or design engineer, R&D, marketing, regulatory (internal) and site engineering.
- Collect, analyze, and verify data and to statistically drive project selection, direction and decisions.
- Perform root cause analysis on system and subsystem failures.
- Participate in reliability improvement activities within company, and vendors.
- Contribute to system level design trade off discussions with respects to reliability.
- Drive change with a focus on respect, teamwork, collaboration and commitment.
- Navigate and adhere the AMD Quality Process for Design Changes and Improvements
- Detailed documentation of experiments, protocols and verification records
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures.
- General understanding of business unit/group function.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical or similar engineering function
- Experience in regulated industry
- on-market reliability improvements experience a plus
- Risk analysis experience a plus
- Corrective Action, Preventative Action experience a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.