Sr. Systems Integration Engineer (31031012)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
As part of the On-Market Instrument Support team for Alinity m, the Senior Engineer will support, contribute and execute on-market reliability improvements, create and execute test protocol, drive CAPAs and oversee spare parts usage surveillance. This position will ensure that projects progress as planned, meet their goals and requirements and provide guidance to technical reliability issues. This position will also work with a multidisciplinary team to help identify instrument improvement projects.
Consistently on an ongoing basis, develops and applies advanced theories, methods, and research techniques to the investigation and solution of complex technical problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team contributor for reliability improvement projects
- Collect, analyze, and verify data and to statistically drive project selection, direction and decisions.
- Perform root cause analysis on system and subsystem failures.
- Participate in reliability improvement activities within company, and vendors.
- Contribute to system level design trade off discussions with respects to reliability.
- Work closely with managers and employees at all levels across the business, to identify, propose and drive high impact improvement projects to improve KPIs year over year.
- Drive change with a focus on respect, teamwork, collaboration and commitment.
- Navigate and adhere the AMD Quality Process for Design Changes and Improvements
- Self-motivated and driven
- BS Degree in technical discipline (Desired: Graduate Degree).
- 5+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering in regulated industry (Desired: medical).
- Desired: ≥ 1 complete product development cycle with systems integration experience.
- Complex problem solving experience (Desired: Design of Experiments, DMAIC)
- Root Cause Analysis experience (Desired: FMEA, Fishbone, 6M’s, % Why’s)
- Risk analysis experience
- Statistical Analysis experience (Desired: JMP experience).
- Cross functional teamwork including HW, SW, Science, and external vendors.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with reliability practices such as ALT, HALT, Weibull Analysis modeling