Pharmaceutical Development Technician (R1558711-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference._________________________________________________________________________
The following positions will require the employees to work with chemical, radiological, or biological agents that may be hazardous to health if mishandled (including Agents which may potentially affect reproduction or the fetus). Employees will be required to follow all safety procedures and use personal protective clothing/Equipment where specified. Inquires for further information should be directed to the hiring manager.
Permanent Position - Pharmaceutical Development Technician – Level H25 Clinical Supply Operations
Shift 7am - 330 pm NBR Bldg 109 (Exempt)
Manager: John Sarik Incumbent Rate:$37.35
JOB FUNCTION –CSO OPERATIONS SUPPORT
Assignments within Operations Support include, but are not limited to the following:
- Weigh, dispense and accurately label bulk drug substances, ingredients, dosage forms, packaging components, and all materials needed to support clinical programs and product development
- Withdraw samples from material containers, transfer materials between buildings and within buildings by means of hand trucks or fork lifts
- Setup, clean and operate all areas and equipment required in the weighing and dispensing process
- Record data as per cGLPand cGMP regulations in both paper and computer formats, per established procedures
- Maintain the warehouse, dispensaries and other operations areas in neat and tidy conditions
- Perform the receipt, reconciliation and put-away of inbound materials
- Pack and ship both regular and temperature controlled, domestic as well as international shipments
JOB FUNCTION –CSO REGIONAL LOGISTICS
Assignments within Regional Logistics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform the physical and system pick of finished clinical supplies for domestic and international shipments, ensuring the accuracy of the items picked to the container level
- Pack finished clinical supplies for domestic and international shipments
- Pack temperature controlled shipments to maintain temperature range specified for the product, according to the provided cold chain packing guidelines
- Perform inventory/cycle counts of finished supplies within New Brunswick
- Perform drug re-labeling activities and domestic and international shipment labeling
JOB FUNCTION –CSO MANUFACTURING
Assignments in clinical manufacturing include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set up, clean and operate all equipment required in the manufacturing process;
- Weighing of ingredients;
- Perform all unit operations such as: granulation, mixing, drying, filtering, milling, sterile filling, lyophilization, coating, tabletting, encapsulating and other new and available technologies when needed;
- Record data as per cGLP and cGMP regulations in both paper and computer formats,per established procedures.
- Proficiency in operating and understanding principles of commonly used manufacturing equipment, for example, high shear mixers, tablet press,encapsulating machines, tablet coaters, fluid bed granulators, compactors,lyophilizers, autoclaves, etc., and test equipment used for in-process testing must be demonstrated following training. Some projects will require working inclean/aseptic areas and anti-cancer/containment areas using established handling procedures.
Two year Associate Degree in Science related to Pharmaceutical Development or equivalent (required for Manufacturing role) or Business related to Operations/Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent (Operations Support and Logistics). Proficiency in the use of computer programs/systems is essential. Technicians must maintain their skills and knowledge current with advances in the field of Pharmaceutical Development. Incumbents may attend internal or external training courses as approved by management. In lieu of a two year degree, a minimum of four years’ work experience in GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing or related field will meet requirements.
Training will be implemented to ensure PDT employees receive relevant training to facilitate the performance of their job responsibilities. Testing after training specific to an area will be an ongoing requirement. Interactive training modules will be used for training on specific competencies. If testing is not passed, the interactive learning and testing will be repeated. A pass/repeat summary of all testing on each module will be kept to assess the performance of the module.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.