Director, Patient Access Support Services, Immunology (R1559595-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Director will lead the overall program management for Zeposia and Orencia Patient Support Services and manage the teams executing the patient support strategies. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys improving and developing solutions through complex data analysis.
- Act as the Brand Liaison for a key immunology brand, designing enterprise Reimbursement and Affordability strategies
- PASS Lead for brand Steering Committees, responsible for developing
- Lead team to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Work within a matrix organizational structure to develop effective relationships with US Market Access Channel / Customer Strategy teams, Brand Marketing, US Market Access Account Executives and Field Reimbursement teams to ensure coordinated execution of channel strategies and materials creation.
- Deep knowledge of the US reimbursement environment (Immunology)
- Strong understanding of competitive environment
- Manage team that supports day to day operations of programs to ensure high quality, compliant performance.
- Develop and manage overall program budgets
- Ensure compliance through coordination with legal and compliance teams for any patient services program, future enhancements of patient services and/or new service providers.
- Partner with the Field Reimbursement Teams to ensure they have appropriate connection to patient services programs, including patient services materials to support their health care provider customers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with commercial business partners in sales, market access, data / analytics, trade and brand marketing teams.
- Lead direct report and provide coaching / development.
Qualifications & Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree is a plus.
- Immunology experience required, MS, UC and Rheumatology experience desired
- At least 7-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a preference of at least 3 years of experience in patient services.
- Demonstrated Leadership and ability to create relationships across teams; Direct Report management experience required
- Deep knowledge of the development and execution process of HUB Models, including Reimbursement and Affordability programs within the Immunology therapeutic area.
- Ability to execute a strategy and continually improve patient support services.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and anticipate problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders (market access, sales, payer marketing, data/analytics, and brand marketing), and influence to gain consensus on solutions.
- Development of HUBB patent journey and deep knowledge of concept and time to treatment
- Ability to drive reporting needs and analyze data to identify trends in program performance.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making within the organization.
- Develop/maintain relationships with vendor contacts resulting in strong program performance
- Working knowledge of the US market access landscape including payers, reimbursement, specialty pharmacies and distribution.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills with a track record of successfully driving performance effectively within a matrix organization.
- Must be adaptable to change and working in a fluid environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects in fast-paced, deadline driven, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to manage 25-30% travel.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.