Lead Sr Lab Assistant for Sendouts Dept (2232890)
The work you'll do is challenging. The lives you touch will be rewarding. The opportunities you'll find are endless. At Labcorp, you'll discover many ways to make a difference. From the people across the nation your work affects, to your co-workers you see each day, your role is essential to everyone. LabCorp seeking a Sr Lab Assistant in the Referrals Department to join our team in Seattle, WA.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 550 17th Ave; Seattle, WA
- Perform with proficiency all routine, standard analyses in assigned areas, understanding techniques, principles, quality control, theory, and instrumentation.
- Recognize, troubleshoot and initiate corrective action for most routine problems in a timely fashion.
- Carry out supervisor's directives.
- Act in the best interests of patient care and LabCorp.
- Prepares and sends specimens and test requests to proper LabCorp or contracted reference laboratories for testing.
- Lead duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college science helpful.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to deal effectively with co-workers, clients, and hospital staff.
- A willingness to work in fast paced, high volume laboratory. Data entry skills are necessary.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.